There are many avenues to explore when it comes to discovering your life purpose.
Unfortunately, though, nobody else can find it for you. Since your life purpose is unique
from anyone else’s, it’s a mission that you – and only you – can complete.
In your quest for passion, concentrate on enjoying the journey itself. Sometimes when
you stop stressing about your life’s purpose, it falls into your lap!
Here are some ways you can discover your life purpose:
1. Write about how you feel. Try journaling with a pen and paper, or grab your laptop
and just start writing. Write about how you truly feel and what you want out of life.
Remember that no one is going to read this other than you, so don’t be afraid to
express your thoughts.
• Go back and reread your entries every so often. Many times, this process can bring you
new realizations that you didn’t think of when you were writing it in the first place.
2. Pursue your passions. If you’re passionate about a certain subject, maybe you can
make a career or hobby out of it so that you can engage in activities that are personally
meaningful to you. This way, each day of your life will feel like it matters, and you will
have a life purpose.
3. Consider your talents. Think about the areas in which you naturally excel and see if
you can turn these skills into something meaningful for you.
• Many people are drawn to a life purpose that makes them feel like they’re making a
true difference in the lives of other people. You may find it fulfilling to be using
something you’re good at to help others that are in need.
• For example, if you find that you’re good at comforting people, perhaps you can
consider a career as a counselor.
4. Converse with inspiring people. Strike up a conversation with someone who
inspires you. While you might not be interested in the same things, you can talk about
how they discovered their life purpose. Their triumphs and struggles will make good
lessons for you in your journey to your purpose.
5. What brings you joy? Reflect on the moments in your life when you’re most happy.
What are you doing at these times? You can start the quest for your life purpose by
using what already makes you happy.
• Maybe you’re most happy when you’re just sitting at home with your family. That’s a
• Remember that you’re not necessarily searching for something exotic! After all, your life
purpose may already be under your nose.
6. Embrace change. Sometimes the thing that holds you back from self-discovery is a
fear of change. There’s comfort and safety in not taking risks, but you also may never
discover your life’s true purpose. Learn to embrace change because life is constantly
changing around you.
7. Uphold your values. Everyone has a set of values that they tend to adhere to in life.
You can use your values as a starting point to discover your life purpose. Make a list
of your values with your most important ones at the top. Think about what you can do
to honor those values in life every day and you may find your purpose.
Finding your purpose in life may not be as hard as you think. Use these strategies on your
journey and one day soon you’ll realize that you’ve found the one feature of your life that
makes everything worthwhile.