There will likely come a time when you feel confused, unsure, and lacking in self-confidence. It could happen at work, at home with family, or even when you’re with friends or neighbors. Luckily, you can send yourself some messages that will put you back on track.
Say these statements to yourself when your confidence is drooping:
- I’m allowed to feel however I feel. You’re a human being. Therefore, your thoughts or emotions will get the better of you from time to time. So, give yourself a break.
- I can take some time to figure this out. You have a right to have some moments away from the confidence-reducing situation to think it through.
- Because my life is full, I’m bound to experience lagging self-confidence. The more enriched your life is, the more likely it is that low confidence will occur. It’s impossible to be on top of your game one hundred percent of the time.
- I have a lot of positives in my life. It’s helpful to reflect on the high points of your existence. You may have a partner, kids, a job you love, and a home that’s comforting. Tell yourself that the positives may largely exist because of you, your choices and actions. Connecting with that thought will build up your confidence.
- My confidence has been strong during many important life events. Remind yourself that your confidence has been there for you whenever you needed it. Maybe it was when you were giving speeches in college, discussing marriage with your partner, or preparing for a major project at work.
- My self-confidence will bounce back like it usually does. Sure, you may have hit a bump along your journey, but it’s happened before and you recovered.
- I have what it takes to live a productive life. You know you possess the very essence of inner strength, courage, and confidence to think and create.
- I am successful. Think positively. If you adopt this statement as your personal mantra, you’ll be surprised at the things you can accomplish. What a way to boost your confidence!
- Think of some famous catch phrases like, “Just do it” or “Image is everything.” Then, make up a phrase that inspires you. Some examples are, “I’m hard-working” and “I can do anything I set my mind to.”
- I will re-discover my personal strength. It takes courage to admit to being unsure about what to do in a tough situation. But acknowledging your low confidence can lead you to having the strength to move forward one step at a time.
- I can seek out guidance if I wish. If your confidence reaches such a low that you’re struggling to go forward, talk with your partner, a friend, or even a life coach if you like.
- It’s helpful to receive some pointers from those familiar with fluctuating confidence levels.
Refuse to allow a momentary lag in confidence to bring you down. You’re in control of your feelings and choices. Decide to say these statements to yourself to boost your confidence when needed. You’ll be on top of your game once again.